Sunday, October 9, 2011

Jeremiah 29:7
"...seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the LORD for it because if it prospers, you too will prosper."
Yesterday afternoon and evening was spent driving from house to house, helping some of my YL girls get ready for their sophomore homecoming dance, taking pictures and reminding each of them how beautiful and loved they are.





Driving around the one and only Sun Prairie, I was reminded of this piece of scripture. I was reminded that while ministry sometimes feels lonely and hard and "exile"-y, the Lord has ABSOLUTELY carried me into Sun Prairie. And I am so thankful for that. In the past four years I have seen so much growth and beauty in this place. And I am just humbled to get to be a part of something like that. 

So as my girls were dancing the night away, I was and will continue to be praying to our good God for peace and prosperity in their hearts, in their friendships, in their school, in their families, in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment