Sunday, July 8, 2012

Adventure

If life has been anything the past few weeks, it has been an adventure. I have been up to a lot, much has changed and shifted but the one consistency is this: life's been adventurous!

Last week I was so fortunate to spend a week out in nature, whitewater rafting down the Colorado River and hiking with my Dad, sister, and a few good family friends. Here are a few of my favorite pictures from that adventure!


















After returning from the wild, wild west, I got to spend my very favorite holiday and my last day in Wisconsin with some of the best people I know. After a day of fun, SWEATING, eating great food, laughing, playing cards and watching fireworks, I watched these five amazing women pile into a car together and drive away. Watching them go I felt so overwhelmed with the amount of love I felt for that car full of friends and by the amount of love they've shown me. We've shared some hilarious memories, some hard moments, and some unforgettable life experiences together.



Then, finally, just days ago, I loaded up my car with wayyyy too many things and headed east for the start of my biggest new adventure: life in Fairfax, Virginia!

I have now been in Fairfax for a few days and truly, every moment of every day feels like a little bit of an adventure. From small things, like journeying alone to the closest Trader Joe's (yes, of COURSE that happened within the first few days) to bigger things like praying about how to form a loving and supportive community around me, I feel brave yet unsure, empowered but nervous. On this adventure some days I'm certain I'll feel scared or overwhelmed or lonely. But more than anything I feel so assured that this adventure I find myself on is just where I should be. I've heard the Lord call to me to step out in faith in this way for Him, I daily wake up asking Him to remind me of the things He's promised me and I wait with excited expectation to see what new things are around each turn.

God intends for us to live adventurous lives. He desires for us to put ourselves out there, but reminds us that we are never alone. And especially in this season of newness I am so thankful for that! David gives word to what my heart feels, singing thanks to the Lord in 1 Chronicles. He says,
Oh give thanks to the Lord, call upon his name; make known his deeds among the peoples! Sing to him, sing praises to him, tell of all his wondrous works! Glory in his holy name, let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice! Seek the Lord and his strength, seek his presence continually!
As cute little Russell from the movie "Up" exclaims, I feel the Lord saying to me, and to all of us, right now-- ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE! And let's be thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment