For the last year and a half I've volunteered with AmeriCorps in a preschool, working with at-risk three and four year olds through a program called Project Grow. Last year, Arika, the girl I worked extensively one-on-one with stole a mega piece of my heart.
Since Arika graduated the program, NOTHING about my involvement with Project Grow has been easy, but it has undeniably taught me that in the work I do with PG and in life, the Lord doesn't call us to be "efficient" and fruit-producers. He calls us just to be obedient and willing.
In learning this lesson, things have been in a constant shuffle and upheaval this year. The biggest change has been that for truly tragic reasons, Kayla, the little girl I was paired to work with this year, will no longer be able to attend preschool or Project Grow.
And while I will miss her, and honestly need to kind of mourn the loss of her in my life, I also am now working on making room in my heart for Jamarion, the new, SPUNKY little guy I'll be working with for the remainder of the year. So, here he is... Jamarion!!






No comments:
Post a Comment